Since the COVID-19 outbreak, Intrepid remains vigilant in our commitment to protecting the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers, and communities we serve. We remain fully operational and continue to provide the essential minerals for agriculture, animal feed and oil and gas.
We continue to closely follow the guidance of the various global health experts – Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization – as well as local, state, and federal governments. In addition to promoting flu prevention habits with all of our employees, Intrepid has implemented preventive measures at all of our facilities. These include:
• Employees working from home, as possible, based on their job responsibilities
• Social distancing measures at our operating facilities along with staggered schedules where possible
• Ongoing review of staffing to ensure there is no disruption to production with the ability to pull staff from other operations for coverage should it become necessary
• Providing ongoing resources to employees for their continued physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
• Encouraging employees with any sign of illness to stay at home and use our paid time off benefits; anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 has been instructed to notify their supervisor and Human Resources immediately
• Using conference call/video conference technology, whenever possible, for meetings
• Visitor restrictions including limited in-person interactions at our loadout facilities
• Limiting travel to only those trips that are absolutely essential to the business
• Additional cleaning protocols including widespread distribution of hand-sanitizers and other cleaning supplies
• Ongoing risk analysis of critical suppliers to ensure continuous support in the event of illness-related disruptions
• Communicating frequently to all employees regarding the risks of COVID-19, and mitigation steps they should take to protect themselves and others
We continue to monitor the latest development regarding COVID-19 and adjust our response to the situation daily, as events warrant. For more resources, best practices and current information please visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/.
We are at our strongest when we all pull together. Wishing you good health.